Over 50 Combined Years of Experience
Not Afraid to Fight for You Put More Than 50 Combined Years of Experience on Your Side

Gwinnett County Appeals Attorneys

Appellate Lawyers Serving Walton & Clarke Counties

In some criminal cases, courts get it wrong and a judge’s mistake can be challenged by appealing the decision. If you are looking for appeals lawyers in Gwinnett County, call Crawford and Boyle, LLC. Our appeals attorneys are experienced in handling criminal cases and appeals in both Georgia’s Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Georgia.

Contact our law firm at (678) 726-5400 or online to determine if an appeal is possible in your case.

Appealing a Criminal Conviction

Most appeals challenge a decision based on errors in the original trial, but some challenge existing law. The first step in appealing a decision is to file a Motion for a New Trial. Our appeals attorneys in Gwinnett County can carefully review the transcripts of your trial to look for errors that can be used as a basis for convincing a judge to grant a new trial or overturn the conviction. If this is not successful, the next step is to file a notice of appeal. Not all errors result in reversals.

Our appellate lawyers help clients with:

  • Direct appeals
  • Habeas petitions
  • Cert petitions

The original decision is not always overturned on appeal. The appellate court may find that the error was harmless or the evidence was overwhelming and the conviction will stand. Our appellate attorneys can craft a brief to convince the appellate court that errors in the trial require a reversal of the decision of the trial court.

What Is a Direct Appeal?

A direct appeal is the process in criminal law by which you can appeal your conviction to a higher court, known as an appellate court. During this process your lawyer will submit a written brief explaining the reasons why you are appealing the court's ruling.

Constitutional Challenges to a Conviction

If your initial appeal is not successful, it may still be possible to challenge your conviction. A writ of habeas corpus raises constitutional challenges to a conviction. This challenge can be filed in state or federal court, although the requirements differ. State court limits challenges to new issues that were not previously litigated. Federal court limits you to issues that were considered by the state court.

If you or a loved one has been convicted and you want to explore the options for appeal, call (678) 726-5400 to schedule a consultation.

  • NCDD
  • NTL Top 100
  • NTL 40 Under 40
  • AVVO 10.0
  • AVVO 10.0
  • DDLA
  • AV Rated
Crawford and Boyle, LLC

Recent Case Results

  • Abuse or Neglect of a Disabled Person DISMISSAL
  • Aggravated Assault REDUCED
  • Aggravated Assault DISMISSED
  • Burglary REDUCED
  • Criminal Damage to Property DISMISSED
  • Disorderly Conduct and Criminal Trespass DISMISSED
  • Drug Possession SEIZURE OVERTURNED
  • Drug Possession DISMISSED
  • Drug Trafficking DISMISSED

Why Crawford and Boyle, LLC?

  • Unrivaled Trial Experience
  • Over 50 Combined Years of Legal Experience
  • Genuine & Honest Legal Guidance
  • Results Driven Representation
  • Use of Technology to Bring You More Convenience
  • Available for Calls 24/7

We're Ready To Listen

Free Consultation for Criminal Matters
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.