In Georgia, a traffic violation is a misdemeanor crime. What some people don’t realize is that these violations are reported to your insurance company and the Department of Driver’s Services, which can impact your ability to drive, your insurance rates, and even your employment. At Crawford and Boyle, LLC, our traffic crimes attorneys in Gwinnett County represent clients throughout Walton and Clarke Counties.
Reasons to Contact a Traffic Violation Attorney
There are a few reasons to fight traffic violations and contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you in court. Many people hire a traffic attorney to protect their driving history, prevent license suspension, and minimize the impact of the ticket on their insurance rates. This is especially important for individuals with a commercial driver’s license or those whose employment depends on a clean driving record.
Get Help with All Types of Traffic Offenses
While the vast majority of traffic crimes are misdemeanors, some are far more serious than others. Most traffic violations result in fines or license suspension, but some convictions can result in a jail sentence. For example, if you are charged with driving under the influence (DUI), hit and run, or fleeing and attempting to elude, you may be facing time in jail or on probation.
We commonly handle Georgia traffic violations, such as:
- DUI serious injury
- Driving with a suspended license
- Fleeing or attempting to allude
- Reckless driving
- Hit and run
- Following too closely
- Georgia’s Super Speeder Law
- Commercial trucking violations
- Under 21 traffic offenses
Our Gwinnett County traffic crimes lawyers offer free consultations by telephone or in person. We can evaluate your case and explain your options, so you can make the best decision for your situation. We work hard to protect your best interests and resolve your case.
How to Get a Speeding Ticket Dismissed in Georgia
Getting a speeding ticket dismissed in Georgia requires a strategic and diligent approach. Here are steps that might help in this process:
- Check for Procedural Errors: Review the ticket for any errors in dates, times, location, or other pertinent information. Any mistake could potentially lead to a dismissal.
- Understand the Law and Circumstances: Familiarize yourself with Georgia's traffic laws and the specific circumstances of your case. If there's a legitimate reason or technicality that can challenge the ticket, it might lead to a dismissal.
- Attend Your Court Date: Show up to your court hearing. Failure to appear will almost certainly result in a conviction. Dress appropriately and be respectful in court.
- Negotiate a Plea Agreement: If the evidence against you is strong, you could negotiate a plea agreement with the prosecution. This might involve attending traffic school or completing community service in exchange for dismissing the ticket.
- Present Evidence: If you believe you were wrongly cited, present your case with evidence. This could include photos, witness statements, or documentation that contradicts the officer's account.
- Consult an Attorney: Consider consulting our Gwinnett traffic attorney who specializes in Georgia traffic laws. We can guide you on the best strategy for dismissal and represent you effectively in court.
- Defensive Driving Course: Taking a defensive driving course could result in a reduction of points on your driving record, which might help in getting the ticket dismissed or minimized.
Remember, every case is unique, and the success of these approaches may vary. It's crucial to approach this process carefully, understand the law, and seek legal advice from our experienced Gwinnett traffic lawyers to determine the best course of action in your specific situation.
""I AM SO THANKFUL!!!""Literally Saved my life!!!
""VERY KIND AND PLEASANT""Anonymous
""PROFESSIONAL, HARDWORKING, AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE""Margaret
- DISMISSAL Abuse or Neglect of a Disabled Person
- REDUCED Aggravated Assault
- DISMISSED Aggravated Assault
- REDUCED Burglary
- DISMISSED Criminal Damage to Property
- DISMISSED Disorderly Conduct and Criminal Trespass
Unrivaled Trial Experience
Over 50 Combined Years of Legal Experience
Genuine & Honest Legal Guidance
Results Driven Representation
Use of Technology to Bring You More Convenience
Available for Calls 24/7