If There Is a Warrant Out, Can an Attorney Help Me Turn Myself In?

If There Is a Warrant Out, Can an Attorney Help Me Turn Myself In?

An attorney can absolutely help someone through the process of turning themselves in. In virtually all of the cases in which we are aware that a warrant may be taken or has been taken, then we will contact the investigator and schedule a time for the defendant to turn themselves in. In some cases, a bond can be worked out in advance in order to make the booking and jail process as quick and as painless as possible.

Why Is It Critical To Have An Attorney Try To Preemptively Prevent Charges From Being Filed?

The consequences of having a charge that later ends up getting dismissed can be likened to the ripples of water that would result from throwing a stone into a calm pond; they move in all directions from where the stone hit the water, and even though they eventually get smaller, they are still there. Similarly, when someone gets arrested, there are huge, immediate ripples; they go to jail, they may have to post a bond, and their picture will be published in the local paper or on social media. As time passes, the ripples continue moving outward, but they get smaller. The case will appear on the court’s online docket, places of employment could become aware of the arrest, and a defendant’s ability to participate in activities with their children could be interrupted. Having charges on record could also affect a person’s ability to get a better job or a scholarship for school. Even if a case eventually gets dismissed, the consequences of an arrest do not disappear altogether; the arrest warrant and police report will remain on file at the courthouse for anyone who wants to see it, and employers will require that applicants state whether or not they have ever been arrested. The easiest way to avoid all of these adverse consequences is to avoid an arrest in the first place, which is what an attorney can help people do.

For more information on Attorney Facilitation In An Arrest, an Initial Case Assessment is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (678) 726-5400 today.

Related Posts
  • Ask an Attorney: Can I end my probation early? Read More
  • Ask an Attorney: Why should I hire a lawyer if I know I am guilty? Read More
  • Ask an Attorney: The police found me with marijuana in my pocket, why should I hire a lawyer? Read More
We'll Walk Every Step With You

Get In Touch With Us Today

Complete our form below or call us at (678) 726-5400.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.